2015/03/20

Job Training


This week I had the opportunity to take part of a project related to "Le Printemps de l'Entreprise".
Basically, it consisted in fictional job interviews. We had to find a job offer that interested us, and prepare a résumé with a cover letter. At first, I was not really happy about doing this event, but it was an obligation from my school so I just went for it ! And honestly, I don't regret any second of it.

As for the job I chose for this training, I chose a creative manager job in New York for Victoria's Secret. Pretty amazing, huh ?

In the morning, we had a little conference about how to write the résumé and the cover letter. It's not my first time having a course on that subject so I didn't learn much, but still, it was very interesting. They even improvised some sketches about the do's and don'ts during a job interview.

In the afternoon, I did two job interviews based on the job offer I had chosen. Both went pretty well, even though I felt stressful on the moment, I didn't show it at all, what I brought out was actually energy, so I appeared dynamic and motivated. I'm not going to complain about that ! The only plus I could have brought, but that I didn't, was my designs port-folio to support my creativity and interest for fashion.

What did I learn ?

First thing I learned: be confident. At the beginning of the first interview, I didn't feel at ease at all, I was thinking way too much, trying to find my word, so I felt awkard and bad, in a way. But as I kept on talking, it became naturally and I felt really better. It was, then, easier to sell myself and give the best of me.

Second thing I learned: give it all you got ! Because you're not going to have what you want just by sitting and doing nothing, By that, I mean that you have to prove you have what it takes for the job. And to do that, you have to have trust in your skills, your experiences and your personality. You can train yourself by talking about all that stuff with your friends and relatives, this way it will become easier.

Third thing I learned: smile ! It's the best way to give a positive image of yourself. When talking to someone, it's so much better when you're smiling, it makes the other person want to listen to what you're saying.

Fourth thing I learned: don't be too stressed. You're stressed for the interview, that's a fact. But you also have to know that the recrutment consultant is nervous as well ! He/she has to find the right person to hire, for the sake of the company it can be pretty stressful.

Would I do it again if I had the opportunity ?

YES ! Definitely ! It's an amazing event, I'm glad I did it. Despite the fact that I already had job interviews, a free practice is not something that should be turned off. The more practicee I get, the better !

No comments:

Post a Comment